Tuesday 20 April 2010

Character design

I discovered I prefer designing characters in pencil first and will post my sketches soon. But once I had decided on penguins I tried to figure out if it was best to draw them in toon boom or import them from another program.
The main character is the most important part of the animation so I want to get him right before I start to design other characters, props or scenery.
I did manage to design a penguin on paper which I liked that I will try recreate on the computer soon.

These are some early efforts:

Paint is definately the worst choice to use because it does not have the smooth function and penguins need to look pretty smooth. Flash is the best I think but only just, so it might not be worth importing, at the moment I am thinking I will just draw everything in Toon Boom but I'm not sure yet.
I have a penguin character that I like but I am not certain about what stylet to go for yet.
I have also been thinking about what techniques I will use, at the moment I think the Cut out puppert technique may be best.
I will add sketches and stroyboards next.

No comments:

Post a Comment