Tuesday 20 April 2010

Assignment ideas

We have to create a short animation sequence of about 1 minute that should follow an animated introduction of the title, SID, and name. The main sequence should be used to illustrate the application of visual effects to the creation of an effective animated display.
I read last years Assignment criteria before because that was posted on moodle before this years one and it said the animation sequence should be over a music track. I would like to still do this because animation works best with sound and music, it makes it a lot more effective.
But the main thing is to demostrate as many techniques as possible in particular the ones we learnt from tutorials in lessons. If the animation matches up with the music/sound well it will work even better.
I have had quite a few ideas and have drawn some character ideas. But I came to the conclusion I would quite like to do an animation with cartoon penguins because, I prefer to draw cartoon things rather than realistic. Also penguins are simple to draw and should also be to animate.
The track I think I will use is More Than A feeling by Boston because it is one of my favourites, it's a classic cheerful rock track but it is also simple and the lyrics are not to deep, and I think could be put to a 2D animation quite well.
















http://http//www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/BOSTON%20more%20than%20a%20feeling%207.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment