Friday 16 April 2010

Ball

This was another aspect of animation we have tried to draw in class a few times, which is the physics/movement of objects, in particular balls, bouncing on the ground or on steps.

So I decided to make an animation of a ball bouncing.

The important aspects are:

  • Acceleration and deceleration - the ball should slow down as it goes up and speed up as it goes down.
  • Impact - if the ball is bouncy/squashy it should squash downwards as it hits the ground showing the force of the drop, and it should also expand outwards otherwise it will appear to be shrinking and that is not the effect you want.
  • It should look as realistic as possible but don't be afraid to exaggerate reality because that works best in animation to make sure the viewer knows what is happening.
  • So it should bounce less high on each bounce and gradually slow down but keep moving forward and would usually roll at the end.
  • You need to consider the material, the weight and the initial velocity of the ball!

I have tried my best to consider all these things and include them in this short animation of a bouncing ball, It's not a bad demonstration of the things we have been discussing in class.

All my drawings I have animated have been both drawn and animated in toon boom.

I have posted all the sketches I have done in classes I could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment